Monday, March 8, 2010

"I'll be here, but I'm going to think of products I might like to purchase."

So, I'm trying to think of things I'll need once I get to Japan. Since money has suddenly become an even bigger issue than I thought it would be a few weeks ago, I'm trying to carefully budget. Thus, I am going to create a list of things I need/want to buy. Some of them will be purchased as soon as I arrive, some not for months. Some I might not even purchase at all. A few might even, if I'm very very lucky, come with the apartment. But here's a list of some of the things I'm considering:

A futon. About $75. Where I'll sleep.
A fan. Though I'll be further north, I'm sure it gets plenty warm in the summer.
A lamp or other light fixture.
A washing machine. $200. Don't want to stink!
A refrigerator. $200. The whole food thing.
A mirror.
A cutting board.
Some dishes.
A frying pan.
A kitchen knife.
A table/chairs.
A water heater.
A Vacuum. $70.
Or, alternately, an electric cooktop.
A rice cooker.
Utensils.
A Kitchen scale. $10.
A Computer monitor.
Storage boxes.
Curtains.
A bath basket.

And the following consumables: Toilet paper, paper towels, bath towels, umbrellas, soap, shampoo, laundry detergent, hand soap, mouthwash, flouride toothpaste, American deodorant, dish detergent, sponges, kitchen cleanser, a water purifier, trash bags, a mop, and a broom.

Also keep in mind that I can save on some of this stuff by buying it locally/buying it used.
Am I forgetting anything?

3 comments:

  1. Do you know where you'll be living yet? If it's a LeoPalace it will be furnished with a lot of those things already, I think!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It will not be a LeoPalace; they're fairly uncommon in Tohoku.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your shopping list resembles mine :) Washing machine is top though. Am having real panic attacks about not being able to wash my clothes!!

    ReplyDelete